Ann Omasta is a contemporary romance writer who seems to have as much wit and humor as the characters she creates for her stories. In place of a normal biography she offers ten “not-so-interesting tidbits” about herself, and here they are:
1. I despise whipped cream. There, I admitted it in writing. Let the ridiculing begin.
2. Even though I have lived as far south as Key Largo, Florida and as far north as Maine, I landed in the middle.
3. If I don’t make a conscious effort not to, I will drink nothing but tea morning, noon and night. Hot tea, sweet tea, green tea––I love it all.
4. There doesn’t seem to be much in life that is better than coming home to a big dog who is overjoyed to see me. My other family members usually show significantly less enthusiasm about my return.
5. Singing in my bestest, loudest voice does not make my family put on their happy faces. This includes the big, loving dog referenced above.
6. Yes, I am aware that bestest is not a word.
7. Dorothy was right. There’s no place like home.
8. All of the numerous bottles in my shower must be lined up with their labels facing out. It makes me feel a little like Julia Roberts’ mean husband from the movie ‘Sleeping with the Enemy,’ but I can’t seem to control this particular quirk.
9. I love, love, love finding a great bargain.
10. Did I mention that I hate whipped cream? It makes my stomach churn to look at it, touch it, smell it, or even think about it. Great––now I’m thinking about it. Ick!
Being jilted almost-at-the-altar by text message is not at all how prim and proper Roxy Rose thought her wedding day would go.
Getting dragged on her Hawaiian honeymoon by her excessively self-centered sister and outlandishly irreverent grandma is the icing on the horrible wedding day cake.
Can Kai, the resort’s hunky and talented chauffeur / bartender / flame-thrower, turn this disaster of a trip into a romantic adventure to last a lifetime?
Or will his mysterious secrets keep their love from blossoming?
Escape with Roxy into the enchanting Hawaiian Islands as she finally discovers the joys of hanging loose and Getting Lei’d.
Getting Lei’d is a contemporary Romance/ chick-lit read that had me laughing out loud more than once at the antics of its supporting characters. Baggy (the bad grandma) is a superstar with enough spunk to force the world to bend to her will. The location was dreamy, set in Hawaii after the main character, Roxy, gets left nearly at the alter on her wedding day. Her grandma and sister, who lead frustratingly charmed lives, decide to commandeer her would be honeymoon and turn the most embarrassing day of her life into an adventure with romance, a hint of mystery, and a ton of fun with life altering repercussions.
Getting Lei’d is discounted in the U.S. market for the month of September for just .99 cents! Or, you can read for free with a Kindle Unlimited Subscription!
What is Kindle Unlimited? It is kind of like Netflix for readers! If you read as much as I do, the small fee of $9.99 a month is a bargain you couldn’t pass up. You gain access to millions of titles on amazon, and can even try it out for the first month for free!
You can find more great authors like Ann, as well as a diverse group of books at discounted prices and free through Kindle Unlimited here⇒KU SWAP MEET!
and enter to win a $100 dollar gift card by helping us spread the word about our Swap Meet here⇒KU SWAP MEET GIVEAWAY!
HAPPY READING- VIOLET